Verizon Communications Inc
Company size: 193,900 employees
Key product/service items: Verizon Communications is engaged in providing wireless and wired communications services, including voice, network access, broadband data and video services, and global internet protocol (IP) networks.
Accessibility website overview: Verizon’s accessibility website includes information on accessible devices, mobile OS features, and new service options for the hearing impaired.
Key statements on ICT product and services accessibility: Verizon embraces a set of Universal Design Principles to make all of our technology accessible to the broadest possible range of users.
Key areas of accessibility work:
Company accessibility website: http://responsibility.verizon.com/accessibility/ Contact information:
- Big button wireless phones
- Voice Commands and Menu readouts on the majority of our devices,
- Larger menu fonts and keypads on select devices,
- Simple 411 Assistance for customers who are blind, have low vision, a dexterity disability, or a cognitive disability
- Video services including Videophone, FaceTime for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPad2, and
- A host of messaging and chat-without-talking applications and services
- FiOS TV accessible media guides
- New nationwide text only plans for deaf professionals